Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Good night.

Colin is sleeping so soundly right now that it is honestly scaring me a a little bit. It's funny because all I ever want is a string of hours where he "sleeps like a baby" and when I get them, I spend the majority of my night hours watching the monitor for signs that he is breathing.  I have also creeped into his room on multiple occasions to enure that my eyes weren't tricking me, but Brian always yells at me, so I try and keep those visits for extreme circumstances only. 

I've been trying to figure out his sleep patterns, but I think he's either too little still, or I'm not regulating his day enough. I'm selfish in that I don't get up early right now. He regularly wakes between 4-530 for a morning feed...  And This will help when maternity leave ends because that's when I'll be needing to feed him before I get ready for work. However, since I have the luxury if sleeping in now, I put him back to bed and he will sleep until 7 or 8. This morning he work at 6 to eat and then he slept until almost 9!!!

During the day though, I'm not sure he even knows when he wants to sleep. He would sleep all day. Literally. His mornings are great. They are my favorite time with him. He happy, and talkative and I get the most smiles from him before 11am.   Eventually he hits a wall and he falls asleep. I usually try and calm him down for a nap around 11am and let him sleep until 1 at the latest. 
If he doesn't wake up on his own though (and the doctor recommended to not let him sleep more than two hours at a time) then he will not fully wake from his sleep cycle. He will eat (but then pass out again).  

I guess these last two weeks together will be a lot more of trying to find the pattern.    


No comments:

Post a Comment