He makes every night feel like Christmas Eve... I can't wait to wake up and see what fun we will have.
Before I came up to bed I made sure the house was in order and organized the kitchen and living room so I can just spend the morning with Colin.
-------
I think my mind is so at peace is because I spent the majority of the day alone today. I think Brian could tell I needed some me time (it's only been 11 weeks since I've been alone) so he was amazing and just sort of made it happen. Brian was on full time daddy duty. He did feedings and diapers and play time. He let me sleep in, and took Colin for a man play date to watch football with the big boys. This meant that I could do anything I wanted. I thought when this time came, I would luxuriate in bed and binge watch Netflix while falling in and out of sleep.... But that didn't really appeal to me today. Instead, I of course spent the day at the mall. I spent an obscene amount of money.... But I feel not one ounce of guilt. I needed new clothes, ones that make this post baby body look decent. Annnnd I love all my new clothes, not a little bit, but a whole lot! I want to wear them all tomorrow.... The best part is they make me even more excited to go back to work!! I'll have fun making plans for my new shirts and pants and dresses!!
Whatever helps, right?
..... Colin was sleeping soundly as I began to write this and now is starting to grunt for some lovin. Hopefully he will eat and then sleep soundly for more than three hours.
...... Colin ate a bit, fell soundly back to sleep. He's an angel.

No comments:
Post a Comment